Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Flowers (and a new car)

These small pink flowers are probably my favorite in our garden. I think they are call Japanese anemones but I'm not real sure about that. Anyway, I just love how tall they are but the flowers are still fairly small and I love the color too. They look really great next to the hydrangeas which are absolutely HUGE this year.



I spent a lot of today really cleaning the upstairs of our house (tomorrow it will be downstairs). The clean house was topped off with a pretty bouquet of flowers from the yard. On a sad note though, this will be the last picture of flowers in my favorite pitcher. Right after I took the pictures, I noticed some water around the bottom and then discovered small cracks by the handle.



So Dean was wondering why I hadn't posted anything about his "new" car. So here it is. We are the proud owners of a 1961 Volkswagon Bug. It runs well and will help out with saving money on gas. Dean has been replacing small things on it the last few weeks and I even helped out as needed. The biggest project was replacing the rubber seals around all of the windows since the original rubber was still there and pretty dry and cracked. It was a learning process but we were able to get all of the windows back in.




2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I love finishing off a clean house with a bouquet of flowers just like you did (guess it's been awhile, because there aren't any fresh flowers in my house ;). That new car is so cute!

Buhler family said...

I'm glad "Herbie" made an appereance on your blog. I really like it's color. Now you need a picture of Dean driving it.