Friday, November 7, 2008

The Phone Call We Got Today

Sorry there are no pictures today but I just needed to post about a phone call we got today. At about 2:15, I was getting ready to go get Austin from school when the phone rang. The caller id said unavailable. As a general rule, I never answer these since they are usually telemarketers. Well my curiosity took over (thank you God) and I answered it prepared to say "no thanks" and hang up. Well...the woman on the other end introduced herself and added that she was from DSHS. It almost didn't register at first. I wasn't expecting a call from them until after all of the other paper work was in. Anyway, she talk to me a little and then scheduled a time to come to our house next THURSDAY!

She said that she was retired but got called back to help out because they are swamped with applications for foster/adopt. She said that she also still needed to check with the other worker (who sent us our first letter) to see if she is doing our whole homestudy or just the adoption part. Anyway, I am excited but a little nervous as this process is once again speeding ahead. On the paperwork end, we are taking our cpr/first aid class tomorrow and should hopefully have the rest of this paperwork in the mail next week or the week after.

Please pray that things keep falling into place and that all goes well with the homestudy. Thank you!

No comments: