Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a week...and it's not over yet.


Well it has taken me over a week to finally get to posting pictures from Jake's birthday party. It was a pretty quiet party with only four other boys able to come but they all seemed to have fun. Jake had picked a "Super Mario" party theme so what do you do at a "Super Mario" party...play Mario video games of course! I attempted to make cupcakes that looked like the mushroons that are in the game but they didn't quite turn out as I imagined them. The boys didn't mind though.
Not quite the cute mushrooms in the games.


Jake and Jake: They are good friends with lots of similarities not just the same name.

The other party guests: some of the sweetest boys you could know.

This past weekend, Jake, Griffen, and I drove down to Longview to my parents house. My mom was in the musical "My Fair Lady" and I wanted to be able to see her first stage performance. She did great! It was really fun to see her up there and was even better to see her smile after the show. I could tell that she really enjoys it and I am very proud of her! While I was down there, I also had the opportunity to get together with some friends from junior high and high school. It was a lot of fun to talk about those years together and also talk a bit about what we are doing these days. I hope that we are able to get together more often after this. The boys, my parents, and I also spent some time with my Grandma Mahlum. I am sorry to say that it has been awhile since I have really spent much time with her and I just really felt the need to see her this past weekend. She is very special to me and I love her so much. I did get a picture of the boys and me with her though I wish it had Austin and Dean in it too.

We love you Grandma!

Finally, today was parent-teacher conferences for both Jake and Austin. It is good te hear from their teachers that they are doing well. They each have their own small area that needs some work but overall they received good reports and their teachers enjoy having them in class! So now I am taking a little bit of time to catch up on the blog before there are WAY to many things to catch up on. Tomorrow we are having Austin's birthday party. In fact it is a double party for Austin and his good buddy Nathan as their birthdays are only two days apart and they have the same friends so we decided to combine forces. It should be lots of fun but I can also guarantee that it will not be the quiet party that Jake's was because there will be about 15 seven to eight year olds here for two hours. I will do my best to get pictures posted a little nore quickly this time.

No comments: