Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dreaming of vacation







So I am new to blogging. I have been reading my cousins' blogs for awhile and wanting to start a blog for our family but have been a little intimidated to start one. So we are back from our trip to Disneyland and thought that now is as good as time as any to start the Hendrickson family blog.





We had a great time visiting Mickey and all of his pals. The boys really loved all the time to play and explore the new surroundings. Jacob and Austin's favorite part was the Jedi Training Academy while Griffen love the Teacup ride and Dumbo ride.



As far as rides go, Dean and I both really liked the California Screamin' rollercoaster at Disney California Adventure park. At first we thought that we were crazy but at the end of the ride we wanted to ride it again. The "scariest" part was the beginning when they stop you and count down. Then they shoot you forward so fast and you go flying up a really big hill. The rest of the ride was fast but smooth (I don't really like the ones that make sharp turns and throw you around). There is an upside down loop on this one but it really wasn't scary, just fun!

The boys got very tired as we played at the parks everyday, all day. We would laugh as each night they would fall asleep faster and faster. Jake had a hard time on our last day as he didn't want the trip to end. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just stay and play at Disney? We are now back home and back to colder weather and grey clouds. Dean still has this week off so things aren't quite back to normal schedule yet but the chores and school are bringing us back into the real world.

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I found your blog through my sitemeter and I'm so excited to see you started this...and I get to leave the first comment! I'm so glad you got to get away with your family to Disneyland; it looks like so much fun. It's definitely at the top of my list of places I want to go with my family.
I look forward to reading your blog- it's such a great way to stay connected.

Wentworth Family Blog said...

Oh Disneyland! I am so jealous. We went two years ago and had a blast. I would go every year if I could. I am happy to see you have a blog. It will be fun keep up on what you guys are up to.

Buhler family said...

Glad you started a blog, we will stop often. How were you able to chose only a few pics to publish on the blog out of the 166 you took on your trip?