Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day to you all. I hope all of you mothers have had a great day with your families. We have had a quiet day here in Bellingham. I was woken up by my boys this morning with flowers, stories, and poems. My gift from Dean is that we are redoing the laundry room! YEAH!! I actually am excited about it. This past week Dean moved the hot water heater to the garage (with help from a friend of his who is a plumber) and now we are going to take out the old cupboards and paint and put in new shelves and a new washer and new dryer.


Yesterday we were getting back into life at home more as Jacob had a skateboarding class through the parks and rec department and Austin had his last soccer game. Jacob had a good time learning a few basic things with his skateboard. I was able to watch him and not intervene for the most part. There was a lot of time for the boys to try things on their own and I did have a bit of a hard time not going in to hold onto him while he was practicing (falling down looks like it hurts). He actually didn't fall much and is getting a little more confident on his board.


I didn't make it to Austin's last game as Griffen was definately in need of a nap and the game was at 1:00. But the report was that he did well and has enjoyed this season of soccer. He is getting better at following the ball and even getting a bit more aggressive and going after the ball instead of just watching it go past him. Now he is really wanting to try baseball now.

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Happy Mother's day Kim. Your boys look so cute in these pictures.

Wentworth Family Blog said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mothers Day. I love getting home improvement projects done. One on my presents this year was new kitchen flooring. yeah!