Sunday, July 27, 2008

Flowers

I have always thought about taking pictures of our garden when the flowers are in bloom but have never really done it until now. I really love when the tall red flowers (don't know their name) are blooming at the same time as the daisies. I waited a little long as the daisies are starting to die a little but it still looks pretty.


















I am also very excited about the hydrangeas that I get to start cutting and have around our house soon. They are so big and beautiful and smell so yummy. On of my other favorites are the Japanese anemonies (I think that is their names). They are the little pink flowers between the daisies and the hydrangeas. Sorry that you can't see them very well in this picture. Maybe I will try to remember a better picture soon. I am so thankful that I had so much help in the beginning with this garden. I generally tend to kill things off very fast but my lovely sister-in-law Toni lived next door to us for the first five or so years and she has an amazing talent with flowers. There were also some great things already established in this yard from the previous owner, Evelyn Hunter. I am trying to keep this garden healthy and growing and can thankfully call Toni if needed as she only lives about ten minutes away.


As a little update, Jake and Austin had a great time at their overnight at Fircreek. Jake's only complaint was that since they were out on the island out at Firwood, he had a hard time falling asleep because the Firwood campers were singing too loudly, probably at their evening campfire. Both of the boys were excited about getting to stay up later (Austin apparently got to stay up the latest) and they got to make s'mores too, which Austin was still wearing some chocolate on his face when they came home.

Griffen had a whole day to be the only child. At one point he said he liked being the only one but when asked right after that if he missed his brothers he said yes. Dean and I joked about how different it was to only have one, but at the same time it was almost more work because he is so used to having his brothers as constant entertainment that he was nonstop about asking us to do this, or do that, or play this, or go over here, or go over there. It was a lot of fun to really get to focus on him but at about dinner time I was really missing Jake and Aus. It was WAY TOO quiet in the house. Anyway, we hope you are all enjoying your summer and that the last half is full of fun, sun filled days!

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Your garden is beautiful. I want to plant hydrangeas in mine...they're one of my favorite flowers.
I understand how just having one at home can be more difficult...Trent doesn't know how to entertain himself when Grace is gone either. I'm glad your boys had a good time at camp.

Buhler family said...

What great pictures of your garden! I always loved hydrangeas back in Brazil, so it's special for me to see them here. I planted some in our yard but I might have to get some advice from you and Toni.