Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trip to the Park

This morning, the boys and I headed out to the park to play so that they could get some of their extra energy out. It was the same park that Griffen and I went to last week but it is a great one and Jake and Austin hadn't had the chance to play there last week. Of course this morning there were clouds in the sky and I wasn't sure it was the best idea since I knew they would want to play in the water when it came on. BUT they really needed to be outside so we packed a lunch and the beach towels and headed to the park. Jake and Austin even wore their swim suits. I guess Griffen figured that since it wasn't as hot as it had been he would dress a little warmer.

He found his favorite gloves last night and hasn't wanted to take them off. He played for most of the first hour with these silly little mittens on his hands. He is sure going to be disappointed when they don't fit anymore which isn't that far away. Jacob was counting down the time until they could turn on the water and even when I mentioned that it wasn't very warm he would point out every speck of sunshine and said "it's warm enough". At 11:01 he bolted for the button that gets the water going and jumped right into playing. I got cold just watching them and I was sure that the other people there thought I was crazy for letting them get all wet. Thankfully for my over active imagination a few other boys joined in the fun too.
Austin really liked playing in the "tornado" as he called it.
One of their favorite things to do was to stand on different spouts to see how high they could make other spouts go. Jacob got these ones to go really high.

This is where our brave Griffen stood guard. He was the button pusher. Although he did head in the general direction of the water, when he came to get dried off there wasn't a drop of water to be found. He ended up spending most of the water time eating his lunch.
It was a good thing that we had gone in the morning because shortly after getting home, it started to rain. Now, I know we live in the northwest and that the rain keeps it so beautiful and green, but I WANT THE SUN TO COME BACK!!!! I AM just very thankful that the boys did Fircreek last week instead of this week. PHEW! Well, we are off tomorrow morning for a family reunion at the beach. Have a great weekend!



No comments: