Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our Weekend (a liitle late)

We had a pretty low key weekend. The weather was beautiful and we spent quite a bit of time outside. I did have to keep reminding the boys that we needed to be out in the sun as much as possible because we would soon be in the months of rain. Griffen and Austin created a great new game in Dean's truck. They would perch themselves on the edge of the bed by the cab and watch for cars coming up the road. When one would appear, they would jump down and hide from it. They must have played this game for at least a half an hour if not more and where a little disappointed when I said it was time to go inside and get ready for dinner.

Striking a pose for the camera.

1..2..3..JUMP!!

This was my project on Sunday. I call this the little finger garden (it kind of looks like an index finger that's bent) Anyway, it is small but was overtaken by buttercup since I had ignored it for the most part this year. I ended up digging almost everything up and now need to find replacements. It looks soooooooo much better though. I also need to remember to spray more deer repellent though because the deer have been using our flowers for their buffet. I got up the other morning and almost every pretty little flower in one of the pots on the deck had been bitten off. This last picture is of the lasst of the hydrangeas. They bloomed so well this year. It is a little sad to see them start to turn brown.

In other exciting news..... I am helping a friend of mine open a house where foster children can have their supervised visitations with their biological family. This last spring, (mid-April) my friend Andrea mailed off our application for nonprofit status. Well, last Wednesday, Andrea called to see if I could come up to help open a letter from the IRS. Our small group was just arriving so she came down to our house instead. She wasn't sure she wanted to open the letter so I grabbed it and opened it. It said that she had forgotten to sign one of the papers (I know, that's a little anticlimatic). We faxed off the newly signed paper on Thursday. Friday morning my phone rang (8:05am) and it was Andrea saying that they had called and said that they actually didn't need that paper and that WE WERE APPROVED!!!!! The House Of Rubies is now a nonprofit!! Next stop... a contract with the state that we are getting closer to signing.

Speaking of foster kids. Dean and I also went to an orientation meeting for foster/adoption throught the state. We are signed up for the foster parent training classes the next two weeks. Dean's sister Toni and her husband Jason are also taking these classes so it will be fun to do this with them. We are a little overwhelmed with all of the paperwork and information we got at this 4 hour meeting today but are excited to see what God has planned for us. We know that God will bring us the child that is supposed to be a part of our family. Please pray for us as we start all this work and that our direction will be clear. Thanks!! I will try to be good about keeping you all updated as we go along this path toward adopting.

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

This news about you starting your classes towards foster adoption sounds very exciting...a big step! I'll keep your family in my prayers during this time.