Tuesday, September 23, 2008

School Jog-a-thon

It was the annual jog-a-thon today at the elementary school. This is the only fundraiser for the year where the kids gather pledges. Both Jacob and Austin LOVE this day. They were both looking forward to being able to run around for a half an hour and see how many laps they could get. Jacob ended up with 19 and Austin got 22. They are a little behind on the pledges (they never really talked to anyone... grandmas and grandpas you may be getting a call in the next day or two.) This picture above was taken by a friend of mine, Heather Stevenson. I love how focused Austin looks in it. I almost did a bad mom thing yesterday though. I needed to schedule a doctors appointment for Austin to have his eye looked at and originally got one at 10:30 today, right when it was their classes turn for the jog-a-thon. Thankfully, I realized my mistake early yesterday and got it changed to this afternoon.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not but Austin has been dealing with the effects of a tick bite. A little over three weeks ago (the day after the "wedding in the woods") we noticed a red spot in his left eyebrow. I figured he had bumped his head. A while later, Dean noticed it and thought that it was dirt or something except when he went to rub it off it wiggled. (I still shudder at the thought) Dean did his best to get it out but it broke off so we took him into the doctor to have the rest removed. Austin was a trooper, not a peep out of him while people were digging to get every last speck of the tick out. Well, last week he was still complaining that it hurt to have his "tick" touched. (it was kind of cute to hear him say, "He bumped my tick" or "My tick still hurts" like it was still there and his pet or something). So in we went again and got some antibiotic cream. Well, in the week since then, nothing much changed so we went back again today. The doctor rooted around a bit to make sure all of it was really out (which it was) and now Aussie has oral meds to take. Thankfully there really isn't any infection (the meds are more of a precaution since it is taking awhile to heal). This being my first experience with a tick I am learning new things. This fun event will be well documented too, as school pictures where last week and Austin's lovely red bump is pretty visible. Anyway, my quick little update got a little long winded. I am hoping to do some fun posts soon as a big anniversary is coming. I am trying to find the pictures I need. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

Way to go Jacob and Austin! That's a lot of running. ;) I'm sorry to hear about the tick bite on Austin...I hope everything's o.k.