Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Griffen's New Talents

So I figured that I needed to post something since it has been a week and Griffen has pulled through with some amazing new talents. By the way, if you are wating for the continuation of the story of how Dean and I met, you have to be patient a little while longer. Just remember that twenty years ago I was waiting too.

Anyway, back to this post. Griffen has learned two new skills this past week. The first one is that he is now able to skip. He only does three skips in a row but he is getting pretty good. The video below is from today. I wish I had gotten it recorded when he first did it because it was so cute. He worked so hard at getting it right and his little knees ddin't bend much if at all. Now he is getting better, it looks more like skipping instead of a hop with a kick.



The other new skill is winking. I have been winking at Griff a few times lately and he has been trying hard to copy me. Last night at dinner, I once again winked his direction. He copied by blinking both eyes and then trying to figure out how to only get one eye closed (before he was usually satisfied with the blink). He tried to close both eyes and then open just one (a reverse wink?) then we heard him say, "THERE! I did it!" when we looked his way this is what we saw...


...he was so proud of himself, that he had figured out this clever way of winking. I think it was VERY clever of him. Hope you all are having a great day and are finding lots of great fall activities to enjoy.




2 comments:

KAMILLE said...

so cute & I love the enthusiasm from Griffen.

dawn klinge said...

What a clever little kid! ;) He's a cutie. ;)