Monday, October 20, 2008

Twenty Years Ago...


...I attended a Friday night football game. Well actually, I was a part of the marching band so I was playing AT the game. The tradition at our high school was to have a dance after each home game, so after the game I went to the dance with my friends. Nothing spectacular happened until the very end when suddenly my friend, Shelly, came up from behind and grabbed my arm. She pulled me across the floor and stopped right in front of Dean. As the last song of the dance began (a slow one at that), she said, "Kim this is Dean. Dean this is Kim." And pushing us together she commanded, "Dance!" So we did.

So after about a month of bugging her, Shelly had finally introduced me to Dean. Now what? After the dance, he said something like "nice to meet you" and left. That next week, true to myself, I was WAAAAAAYYYY to shy to say anything to him even if I was standing right there with Shelly. I was later told by Dean that he did point me out to his friend as "the girl I danced with" but he couldn't remember my name.


This is how the next week went, until....
_______________
I found some fun pictures of us in high school. I thought you might enjoy them while waiting for the continuation of our story. Stay tuned...you never know when the next segment will happen.

This is Prom 1989. We were both 16 in this picture. I was a sophmore and Dean a junior.

This is prom 1990. We are 17. Dean's senior year and my junior year. (This is my favorite prom dress. They were all special because my Grandma Mahlum made all of them.)

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

This is such a sweet story of the two of you. I love the prom pictures...you're a very cute couple.

KAMILLE said...

How fun and I look forward to reading more. You don't really hear how people meet their husbands after kids come along.