Thursday, October 2, 2008

About twenty years ago...

...(gosh, has it really been twenty years?) I was in the beginning of my first year as a full fledged high schooler. One morning, I was walking around with my friend Shelly before school started when she stopped these two guys and asked one if he could give her a ride home after school. As they walked away, I quickly asked her who that was. She reminded me of a boy we had seen on the bus to her dad's house the previous spring. His name was Dean Hendrickson and he was a cousin of a guy we knew from junior high. He sure looked a lot different than that spring on the bus. (For one, he didn't have braces anymore). I asked her then if she could introduce me to him and she agreed she would. I figured that I didn't really have a chance since he was a year older and so very cute but what the heck, it wouldn't hurt to at least meet him right? Now all I had to do was wait for Shelly to actually introduce us. --- (Stay tuned for the rest of the story.)

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Your going to keep us in suspense huh? ;) I can't wait to read more!

Buhler family said...

I'll stay tunned, even though I know the end of the story!

Stacy said...

fun! can't wait to hear the rest of the story! :)