Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Homestudy is Complete!

As I stated before, this process seems to be speeding by. We got a call yesterday (Tuesday) from the social worker doing our homestudy. She said that all of the temporary workers (her included) had their time shortened again and she would be done working by the end of the week. She then asked if she could come today to finish her last visit for the homestudy.

So she arrived at 3:00 today and we went over our personal history packets that we had given her last time. She had a few questions about Dean's (apparently men are a little less expressive with their writing than women). She also got a chance to see Jake, even though he wanted to act very shy. At one point in our conversation, she mentioned that she should have thought of us yesterday because there were three little girls at the office that they were looking to place. One, a little baby no older that a month old was actually placed with a family just north of us who she had just finished their homestudy. It once again made me realize just how soon we could have a little one here.

As she left, she said that as far as getting our license goes we just need to have a visit from a licenser who will be looking at the house to make sure that we are up to their codes. Then she said as far as the adoption end of the process we are good to go! Now I am praying more fervently that God will make it really clear what child we are to accept. I am so thankful that He knows me and knows what a slow-to-hear person I am and that I tend to need a very obvious smack in the head to see what He is pointing out to me. I will rest in the knowledge that my Heavenly Father knows me sooooooo well. I am also thankful for our amazing friends (you) and for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure you put away all the knives you have laying around on the floor. ;) Sounds like things are going so well! Hopefully God won't have to smack you too hard...I trust that you will listen, and hear well, what He has for you.