Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

This time of year always brings with it the feeling that I need to organize and clean out things. It is my time of "spring" cleaning (a little late). I am always trying to figure out the best way to handle the rush of paper that comes with kiddos in school as well as the fact that both Jake and Austin have birthdays in November so I want to make room for new school clothes and birthday gifts that come around in the fall.


The GOOD part is that in the last few days I was able to clean out closets. I started with mine and was able to get rid of quite a few things and then I also got to the boys' closet and got their clothes organized. Now they only have clothes that actually fit them on their shelves. Ha! And I know what I should be looking for for them. Thankfully it isn't too much.


My part of the closet...not so jam packed
(Dean still needs to clean out his clothes
:))


Jake's shelves
(I guess he still needs a couple of pairs of pants still)


Austin and Griff's side

The BAD part (ok this isn't so bad) is that I now have piles of clothes to take to the consignment stores. I love consigning things since I then get "new" clothes without really spending money! And consigning the boys' things will help get things for the new little one whoever she may be and whenever she joins our family. The really bad-ish part though is that at the kids' consignment shop today they are limiting everyone to one bag a week since there seems to be so many people doing the same thing as me. ARGG!


My pile of clothes for consignment


The boys' pile AFTER I dropped of my one bag


The UGLY part is below...

I guess I have more work to do. Thankfully I also have three GREAT cleaners that know where all of this mess goes! HA!

No comments: