Monday, September 28, 2009

I meant to write this one awhile ago...

...but I wasn't ready and now it has been over two weeks.  So here is the post that should've been written awhile ago.

About five days after our phone call from DCFS that brought the sweetest little one to our house, our phone rang again.  This time it was to tell us that they had found a relative that was able to care for her so they would be picking her up Thursday morning.  We had had a really great day on Wednesday, she seemed to have fallen into the routine of our family really well and now she was going to leave.

I spent that night washing her things and getting them packed in her bag that she had come with.  Thursday morning, I got her up and got her ready dreading the arrival of 9am.  They actually showed up early and I helped get her and her things out to the car.  The part that broke my heart is that she kept looking up at me and then at the two women who had come to get her and then back to me with a worried look.  I was able to give her a kiss goodbye and then turned toward the house.  The tears started when I was almost to the house.  Thankfully I was able to pray for her safety, snuggle with Griff and then spend some great time with great friends at playgroup.

Both Dean and I wished we could've had her here longer but then we also realize that it would've been even harder to let her go.  Both of us also had the thought that we wanted her to come back but we didn't want her to come back at the same time because her coming back would mean that some else had happened to her.  The one thing we know for sure,  we are glad that we got to have her here even if it was a short time.  The other thing this has once again shown me is that we have three amazing boys and they are going to be the best big brothers to their little sister, whoever she may be and whenever she may come home.

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

You do have such wonderful little boys. I'm so sorry that this little girl had to leave. That sounds so hard.