Saturday, July 25, 2009

Let's Finish the Upstairs Tour...

I couldn't find the pictures of the this room before it was our office so you'll just have to trust me that this room has seen the biggest change since we moved in. When we first moved here this room was a sun room or basically a closed in portion of the deck. The windows in the picture above went almost all the way to the floor and the "outside" of the wall that it shared with the kitchen had the shingle siding on it. When we had Griffen, we were still renting the basement out and didn't really have a room for him so we insulated, added new windows, sheet rock and changed the door (just a screen door before) and it became a nursery. It was the perfect little nursery. There was a counter that I think had been a potting bench of sorts that was the perfect height for a changing table. And it was great to be able to peek in on him through the windows. Now it is our office and also where my scrapbooking stuff has landed and it works really well for that too.

Above is the new door out to the deck. It never gets used as there is usually something in the way AND it still hasn't been painted. Below is the counter/desk area. The the wall at the backside of the shelves slants in toward the room so the bottom shelf is thinner than the top. Kinda of a weird thing to work with but it still holds things :).



Now lets head down the hall toward the bedrooms. A super great thing about this house is that there is a TON of storage. The woman we bought this house from lived next door before she had this house built. Next door is small with no storage which she more than compensated for in this house. There are FOUR closets in the hallway (two on each side). The bedrooms are at the end of the hall. This is the boys' old room as you walk in the door. This was the very first room that we painted and decorated. I had been wanting to give them a fun room for so long that I had a great time with the airplane theme. Our renter at the time came up and helped me paint the clouds.


The airplane kite was a great find at the beach one year. I think that this room won't look like this much longer as we change it to be a little girls room. I am a little sad to see this go away but I know that it needs to be painted again anyway.

The cloud above the crib is my favorite. It was the first one painted and I think the one that turned out the best. Right now I am thinking about how I want to change it into a little girl's room. I think I am going to paint it a light pink and then use a light purple, light green, and other colors to make it like a garden with flowers and bugs (cute ones).


The last room upstairs is our room. I still REALLY like the red but I need to figure out what to put on the huge wall behind our bed. This room, as usual, is the last one on the decorating list.

We (Dean) put in the french door that goes out onto the deck. It was just a large window (the same width as the double door) before. After Dean built the deck we knew it was just a matter of time before we put the door in. Dean was just commenting on how much cooler our room gets at night during the heat now that we have the door.

That doorway leads to our bathroom and closet. The bathroom is just a plain old ordinary bathroom but it sure felt like living in the lap of luxury when we moved in. The last house we lived in only had one bathroom and it was downstairs, not the best thing when pregnant and needing to go down the old staircase at night multiple times. Ha!


So that is the upstairs. As soon as I get the downstairs a little more presentable I will show you around there too. Hopefully that will be in the next day or two.

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

This house tour is so fun! You have such great decorating ides.